We will collect, view, and converse about the ABC books authored by the Pfeiffer Falcons in Dr. Lowder's Spring 2020 (Coronovirus) Children's Literature course.
Please create a new post for your ABC book.
Please enjoy the ABC books of your peers and leave thoughtful, substantial comments as replies about their blogs.
Happy blogging!
Dr. Lowder :)
https://share.icloud.com/photos/05fIdmm7flGYgB93v9Fm_7WBg
ReplyDeleteFor my ABC book, I chose to do F is for Fishing: An Alphabet Fishing Guide.
Each page in my fishing guide themed book educates the reader on the location of each fish and what bait they can use to catch it. I chose this approach because there are so many fish in the ocean that sometimes it can be difficult for fisherman to know where to find certain fish and what bait to use to catch them. Also, I greatly enjoy fishing and the outdoors and wanted to choose a theme that I would enjoy working on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQdRna4oa8s&t=14s
ReplyDeleteFor the ABC Book project I chose to name my book, 'Fishing Guide & Terms." Within the book, I illustrated the different aspects of fishing, from the hook all the way to different types of fishes that are located all over the world. Many people know the terms of fishing but do not really know all of the terms and tackle that are used. Also many people here only know the names of few fish, so I think I did a good job of showing names of fish that I personally have never heard
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2O77j7Pn4BQNJJ7yhDBPvfzc8lHYDXc/view?usp=sharing
ReplyDeleteI chose this approach because I have always been fascinated by Space. At night when the skies are clear I enjoy going outside to look up at the stars, planets, and other things in our Universe. I used some of my childhood books about Space to create this book along with some knowledge that I already had. I also learned some new things while doing this project. Throughout the book there is a connectedness of Space and things related to it as well.
https://youtu.be/V-KEpU_ivRk
ReplyDeleteI chose to write my ABC book about soccer because it’s been a part of my life for 17 years. I chose to do it on soccer players and a little about them. For each letter I named the player, a brief paragraph about them and the logos of the teams they played for. Also in the back of each page is the flag of the nation they represented internationally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyfQKPjcmvs
ReplyDeleteThe reason I chose this approach was to engage my future students in the book. I wanted them to be apart of the book themselves. The way that they are apart of the book is through them completing the activities. I am all about getting students out of their seats. It gives them a break from sitting down and doing school work.
The theme is countdown to summer. Including this in the book will engage the students even more. The students are already excited about summer. I decided to include a book about it. Each day is a letter and activity. This book lasts as long as the alphabet. The connectedness is in order to move to the next letter you must complete the activity of the letter before hand first. This book will get the students engaged and creative.
https://falconabcbooks.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThe reason i choose this approach was to introduce material like the ABCs in a way they might of heard before now. The theme is animals I choose few that they might of known before reading the book but i mostly choose animals man kids have never heard of before. Hopefully after reading they learned a new animal.